Thursday, March 4, 2010

Numbers Game

I met with a personal trainer yesterday that I meet at the Women Can Run clinic. She had offered everyone in attendance a change to have the weight, measurement and body fat measurement taken at the start of the clinic and then again at the end of the clinic. I know my weight from going to TOPS but I was curious about my overall measurements and my how much body fat I was carry around. Some of the numbers were a little shocking for me and others about what I figured they would be. So I'm issuing myself a personal challenge to change them numbers during this 10 week clinic and I know that means I have to step up my training and add some strengthening training to my routine. I'm thinking about hiring her to help me set up at home strengthening training regiment, because I can't afford to join a gym plus don't want to have to drive 30 minutes or more to town to do that and on the days I drive in for the clinic I don't have to time afterwards to hit the gym for 30 or 45 minutes. I need to have time at home with my hubby and fur children. Its hard finding a balance with all this. I'm trying to find courage to side up my weekly weight tracking log and measurement log on here.

I was excited this morning when I opened my email and looked at the sing up rooster for WCR and seen there were 6 walker besides me and the other leader. I plan on leading one day and on the other day maybe running with the beginner running group, plus add some running time into the other walking day I meet with my buddy.

So if anyone has any suggestion for me as far strengthening training at home please feel free to share.

No comments: