I made up a list of way I'm wanting to lose weight. I'm hanging them on a bulletin board in my bedroom when I go home. That way I can see them every night when I go to bed and every morning when I wake up.
I did a presentation at my TOPS meeting last Thursday Night on Inspiration. It talked about setting goals for our self both short term and long term. Did the same thing I did for my reason I wanting to lose weight, wrote down and going to put them up as well. And here they are.
In my program I done it also had us ask question about the goals we are setting for ourselves and I thought I would share them with you.
Program was entitled The Keys to Inspiration
The Keys to Inspiration are.
1. Be positive. Each day is a fresh start. Make it the best you can. Associate with positive people.
2. Have a plan. Set Goals for yourself, One for today, one for the week and longer-term goal. Write them down and look at them often and chisel away at them each day with definite actions.
Crossing the Threshold of InspirationA. My first goal is to_______________________.
B. Some of the changes I could make to achieve this goal are___________________.
C. The changes I'm willing to make first is _________________________________.
D. This change can help me reach my first goal because________________________.
E. Some problems I may encounter when making this change are__________________.
F. Ways I can handle these problems are__________________________________.
G. The time it may take to achieve my first goal will be _________________________.
H. I will be even better for reaching my first goal because________________________.
I. When I reach my first goal my reward will be ______________________________.
1. Know Yourself. Know what's important to you and make a commitment to it. Then accept responsibility for the choices and attitudes that it requires. don't be afraid to go against the grain; individual difference make the world more interesting.
2. Continue Learning. keep growing as a person. Continuously read, try new things, explore, change your routine, hunt for new ideas, talk to new people, travel and expand your horizons. every new exposure provides inner resources for you to draw upon and sheds new light on your attitude and behaviors.
3. Forgive. Don't dwell on failures of yourself or others. Pick up the pieces and learn from your mistakes, then move on. Remember that one mistake doesn't wipe out all the positives.
4.Enhance Your Appearance. make the most of what you have through flattering clothing and hair styling. Be conscious of your posture and they way you move. Remember that a smile boosts the attractiveness of any face by 100%.
5. Accept Yourself. Value yourself for what you are right now. Be as tolernat and encouraging with yourself as you would be with your best friend.
6.Encourage others. Really listen when someone talks to you. Be aware of others importance in your life and let them know how you value them. Be generous with praise.
7. Make enthusiasm habit. The magic of enthusiasm grows brighter when it's used everday. Don't save it for a special occasion. Let it become a way of life.
Keys to Inspiration
I'm going to make this a wonderful day.
I can accomplish anything I set out to do.
My health is important, so I'll continue to exercise and eat right to make the most of it.
Everday I get a little stronger, a little wiser, a little happier.
Success is not in never falling, but in rising each time you fall.
It is within my power to become a healthy trim person.
I'm doing this for me.
Excuses are not my style; I find ways to make things happen.
No matter what happened yesterday, today I begin all over again.
Time is on my side. Every hour that I practice healthy habits, I get closer to my goal.
The healthy person I am becoming is not a dream but a vision of the future-and I have the power to make it happen.
My body deserves respect.
Worthwhile things-like my health-require patience and work.
My mind is stronger than body. It will decide what to eat and how much to eat.
Even the slimmest KOPS started out as overweight TOPS Members. What sets them apart is that they stuck with it.
All of my goals are within reach if I care enough to work toward them.
I meet several of my daily goals today. Will try to improve tomorrow.