Sunday, April 18, 2010

Challenge Update Week 2 and TOPS SRD Convention

We didn't have our weekly TOPS (means Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) due to we had our TOPS SRD Convention over the weekend. But our leader did meet me and another lady Wednesday so we could weight in and I was down 1.50 lbs. They start off by doing a boat ride down the Arkansas River and had a light dinner of sandwhiches and chips. I was unable to make it Thursday, but drove up early Friday morning. They had schedule a group walk at 6:30 along the Arkansas River out back of our hotel, I didn't make it time to walk with them, but did walk on my own, it was nice. Then went up to my room to shower and get ready for the day. We had several good speaker and I had lots of inspiring stories. I decided I will be making myself an inspiration board this week. Then Saturday was the award ceremony, and the crowning of the queen and king for the year. It was amazing seeing the people who has reached their goal and had made KOPS status(which means keeping off pounds sensibly). I'm so glad I was able to go, not sure if I can go next year, they announced the theme for next year and I think it will be a blast. I love our theme this year, which was Flip Flopping from TOPS To KOPS. I will post some pictures of our costume we did for our theme parade.

Now for my challenge update.
1. Eat a well balanced breakfast each day. (I had breakfast most days, need to work on them some more)
2. Cardio Exercise at least 30 minutes a day( 4 out of 7 days)
3. Add strength training 3x a week (1 day)
4. Drink 8 (8oz) glasses of water a day (yes, but I backed off from last week where I was doing over 100oz a day, which lead to my 2 pound gain last week)
5. Do two 5k races (planning on doing one April 24th and May 8th)
6. Save 5 dollars a week ( check)
7. Spend quite time with God (need to work on this)
8. Read weight loss related information for more ideas and support (Just started Believe It, Be It, by Ali Vincent from the THE Biggest Loser)
9. Go to my TOPS meeting (didn't have one last week 4-15 but did go to our convention this weekend.)

Now for pictures from this weekend.


No comments: